“I can’t change”
I wonder what gives man this thought. Man changes every day.
Php_4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
I Change Not Malachi 3:6
- God speaks to Israel concerning his willingness to judge their oppressors in verse 5.
- Verse six he says that the reason Israel is not consumed is because the Lord changes not.
- He has always been and will always be the same.
But nothing else is that way:
- The earth changes
- Customs change Used to be customary for men to greet one another with a kiss
- Churches change some for the good and some for the bad.
- People change think about how different you are now than 10 or 20 years ago (Both physical and spiritual)
- Friends and family may change.
- Jobs or careers may change.
- You and your spouse may change
“But God never changes.”
Psalm 102:27 But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.
Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
God never changes, and his attributes and tools remain constant as well.
He has not changed in:
- His Word
- Inspiration, II Tim 3:16
2Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
2Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
- Impact: “It still works every time it is used!”
- His Will
Eph 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
- Public Will: Every sinner be saved
- Personal Will: God still works personally on individual saints to show them his will for their life concerning their: church, companion, calling, and career.
- Perfect Will: It has always been so that in his perfect will there is spiritual peace, spiritual perception, spiritual power, and spiritual productivity (bear fruit).
- His Way ,His way is still
- Straight Way
Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
- Strange Way, The Lord does move in mysterious ways.
- Salvation Way
John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
Hebrews 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
- His Work
He is not on a cloud taking a vacation, but God has actively been at work in this universe and particularly in the lives of men.
- Conviction, the awareness of sins and guilt. John 16:8
John 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
1John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
- Changing, “The very best thing I ever did do was when I took off the old man and put on the new.” The old song said, “It’s different now… oh, so different now!”
- Caring For Our Needs,
Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Heaven or hell
To change or not to change
You too can be changed by calling on the Lord Jesus Christ to forgive you of your sins.
Call on God and Repent!